How do you feel in this modern world?
- . . . Just Off
What if the answer is right in front of you – simply recognizing you are human?
The Human Story
We’ve been walking upright on this earth for 5-7 million years.
- In small, tightly-knit, egalitarian tribes
- Working together to hunt animals large and small
- Gathering wild plants here and there
- Outside, moving around, mixing it up with our home planet
But then something happened 12,000 years ago.
- The planet warmed, human population grew, and large animals died out
- Small tribes living outdoors became villages/towns/cities/homes
- Agriculture, processed foods replaced hunting/gathering wild foods
- Went from allowing the Earth to dictate life’s rhythms to trying to control it ourselves
Evolution has written the key to human vitality in our genes. Every day, we are screaming and yelling in a language our genes do not understand.
Living Life & Checking Multiple Boxes
Living in alignment with your humanity doesn’t have to be complicated and hard. I will work with you to develop personalized healthy habits that cover all of the major areas of well-being: food, movement, sleep, stress, work, relationships. These habits can become deeply integrated into your life.
You have taught me so much! I have gained new levels of patience, acceptance, and tolerance toward myself and others. Food has lost much of its emotional baggage: it’s not good, bad, or a reward, it’s a choice.Barbara Miller
Some ways I can help
|Turned around by all the diets out there, Intimidated by cooking, Frustrated with craving||Simple, minimal food preparation focused on a nutrient-dense, unprocessed, natural diet|
|Guilt about not going to the gym, Feeling weak, Intimidated by “exercise”||Integrating basic movement into everyday life, Discovering physical activities that you truly enjoy and support other wellness areas|
|Tired, Energy and mood swings, Can’t fall asleep||Being outside, in contact with the ground at strategic points during the day|
|Tense, Stressed, Feeling alone||Play and have fun developing fewer, deeper relationships|